If you, like me, are one of the many people in the free-world, locked inside your home to protect yourself and others from a virus that seems little more dangerous than the common flu and normal mortality rates….you too can find entertainment in at-home beauty treatments for self-care and maintenance.
Here are a combination of products I use to give me the same feeling as a light facial (sans the extraction portion).
- After my regular evening shower routine and wash, I used the Konjac Sponge with Activated Charcoal by Jean Pierre Cosmetics to exfoliate my skin. These reusable charcoal sponges are a healthy, inexpensive alternative to the Clarisonic and less abrasive on the skin
- My next step was my go-to face mask. I have moderately oily skin and this mask is drying yet not harsh. I’ve been using Mary Kay products for years but these used to be difficult to acquire without a distributor and reasonably many were turned off by MLM cosmetic companies. Nevertheless I really can’t find a mask that is as balanced with my skin as this particular one.
- After every clay mask I like to do a sheet mask for cleansing moisturization and nourishment. I used Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Bubbling Paper Mask
- When my masking was over I gently wiped my skin with a cleansing toner. I like Clean and Clear’s Lemon Exfoliating Slices. These are quick, easy and convenient.
- After thorough cleansing/exfoliation/toning is the time for leave-on topical products that need to be absorbed. If you are using any type of acne cream or skin treatment serum I recommend applying this prior to a moisturizer but make sure there are no contraindications. I decided to apply one of my daily-use moisturizers Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturizer by Glo Recipe. This is a light refreshing moisturizer that I use after my common cleansing routine. It has a refreshing smell and does not leave any odd residue as some moisturizers tend to do.
- I finished my at-home mini-facial with a finish from Citrus-Honey Aqua Glow by Peach Slices this product is ideal in lieu of moisturizer or serum but after this treatment I felt a little extra moisturizing was necessary and this is another great nourishing product
Overall I believe that skin care is like a workout – you have to switch up your routine for optimal results. These products are fairly easy to obtain and cost effective if you’re looking for a nourishing facial feeling during your time at home.